About the bursary
The NMCH bursary programme is intended for undergraduate short courses and postgraduate nurse training diplomas, at a recognised South African University. Postgraduate nursing students who intend on specialising in paediatric nursing are welcome to apply.
Undergraduate students will only be covered from their 2nd year of study onwards (applicants must have completed their 1st year). Students will also be required to work at the Johannesburg branch of the Nelson Mandela Childrenâs Hospital, for the equal duration of the bursary awarded.
The bursary will be awarded to students within the following fields:
- Child Nursing
- Intensive Care Nursing
- Neonatal Nursing
- Nephrology Nursing
- Oncology Nursing
- Operating Theatre Nursing
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Have a Matric certificate (National Senior Certificate),
- Have a Degree/ Diploma in Nursing Science (recognised tertiary institution),
- Registered with the SANC (South African Nursing Council),
- Have a minimum of 1 years working experience in the field you wish to specialise in
- Completed Community Service year.
How to apply
or call Tel: 087 150 2101.