DCS is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
Qualifying people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Unemployed youth graduates who have a 3 year degree or national diploma (360 credits) in any fields specified below and between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
FIELD OF INTERNSHIP â QUALIFICATIONS
- Human Resource â Management National Diploma/Degree Human Resource Management Education â National Diploma/ Degree in Technical/ Mathematics and Science/ Commercial/ ABET Sports Management â National Diploma/Degree in Sports Management/ Bio Kinetics
- Arts â National Diploma/ Degree in Fine Art/ Music/ Drama
- Human Resource Development â National Diploma /Degree in ODETDP/ Human Resource Development
- Agriculture â National Diploma/ Degree in Animal or Plant Production
- Artisans â National Diploma in Spray Painting/ Plumbing/ Electrical/ Brick Laying/ Welding/ Motor Mechanic/ Upholstery/ Cabinet Making/ Fitting & Turning/ Boiler Makers/Ceramics
- Law â National Diploma/ Degree in Law/LLB
- Information Technology â National Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management â National Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management/Purchasing Management/ Logistics/ Acquisitioning Management
- Accounting â National Diploma/ Degree in Cost Management Accounting/ Taxation/Finance.
- Internal AuditÂ â National Diploma/Degree in Internal Auditing
- Communication â National Diploma/Degree in Public Relations/Graphic Design/Marketing /Event Management
- Employee Relations â National Diploma/ Degree in Labour Law
- Correctional Service â Management National Diploma Correctional Services Management/Science Nutrition â National Diploma/Degree in Catering/Food Services Management/Hospitality
- Public Administration and Management â National Diploma/ Degree in Public Administration/Office Management
- Occupational Health and Safety â National Diploma/Degree in Safety Management/ Environment Health
- Spiritual Care â National Diploma/ Degree in Theology
- EngineeringÂ -National Diploma/ Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/ Architecture/ Civil Engineering /Industrial Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Construction Project Management/Property Management/Sewerage and Water Sanitation
- Project Management â National Diploma Project Management
- HIV/AIDS Counsellors/EAPâs â National Diploma/ Degree in HIV/AIDS Management / Social Work Policy Development â National Diploma / Degree in Policy Development
- Criminology â National Diploma/Degree Criminology/Penology
- Library â National Diploma/Degree Library Science
- i) Policy Development, Graphic Design, Journalism, Internal Audit internships are offered at Head Office only.
- ii) Artisans and Agriculture internships are only offered in Regions, specifically at the Management Areas
How to apply
The closing date is 19 August 2018.
Application forms are obtainable from Correctional Centres, Regional Offices, Management Area Offices and Head Office, and are also obtainable from this website: www.dcs.gov.za and should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, certified copy of bar-coded South African Identity Document and curriculum vitae. Correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applications must forwarded to the regions of your choice; the postal address, street address, contact persons and their telephone numbers for each region are indicated below.
Please note the following:
- Application forms will under no circumstances be posted or faxed to the applicant.
- Complete application forms must be hand-delivered/posted (not registered mail please) to the above-mentioned offices no later than the 19 August 2018 at 15:45
- Incomplete, faxed and emailed application forms will not be considered. ï· Correspondence will only be limited to successful candidates.
Send your Applications to:
Gauteng Region: Private Bag X393 Pretoria, 0001 Physical Address 1077 Broll Building Arcadia street, Hatfield,Pretoria. Enquiries:Â Ms. S. Mkuzangwe Tel 012- 4200146
Limpopo/ Mpumalanga/ North-West Region: Private Bag X142 Pretoria, 0001 Physical Address Masada Building Corner Johannes Ramokhoase and Paul Kruger Streets. Enquiries:Â Mr. E. Nhlengethwa Tel 012- 3062018/2018
Western Cape Region: Private Bag X1 Edgemead, 7407 Physical Address Breede River Street Montagu Drive Monte Vista, 7460. Enquiries:Â Mr. F.D Ngcanga Tel (021) 550 6150/78 or Switchboard: 021-5506000
Eastern Cape Region: Private Bag x 9013 East London, 5200 Physical Address Ocean View Terrace East Block Moore Street, East London. Enquiries:Â Ms. U.U Nqatha Tel (043) 706 7803/7840
Kwa-Zulu Natal Region: Private Bag x 9126 Pietermaritzburg, 3200 Physical Address Eugene Marais Road Napierville, Pietermaritzburg. Enquiries:Â Ms.R. Moodley Tel (033) 355 7300/ 7359
Free State/Northern Cape Region: Private Bag X 20530 Bloemfontein, 9300 Physical Address Agrimed Building 103 Zastron Street Bloemfontein. Enquiries:Â Ms M.M. Maile Tel (051) 404 0268
National Head Office: Private Bag X 136 Pretoria,0001 Physical Address Poyntons Building East Block 124 W.F. Nkomo Street, Pretoria. Enquiries:Â Mr. A.V. Mkhabela Tel (012) 307 2019
Zonderwater College (National Head Office): Private Bag X1010, Cullinan, 1000 Physical Address R515 Rayton Road, Zonderwater College, Cullinan. Enquiries:Â Ms K.L.L Kgasi Tel (012) 301 4704
Kroonstad College (National Head Office): Private Bag X39 Kroonstad, 9500 Physical Address Kroonstad College Britz Street Kroonstad. Enquiries:Ms. A. Moagi Tel (056) 2162283
Incomplete, faxed and emailed application forms will not be considered. Correspondence will only be limited to successful candidates.