General Worker – SRAC – SRAC1598E
Position:General Worker (Level II)
Department:Â Sports, Recreation, Arts & Culture
Division:Sport and Recreation
Salary:R 85 320 – R 93 816 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 10
- Must be able to read and write
- Relevant experience
- Execute general maintenance duties at facilities including surrounding and adjacent areas
- Strip, wash and polish all floor areas
- Vacuum carpets, covered areas and allocated municipal vehicles
- Handle and prepare refuse for removal
- Assist caretaker with general maintenance duties
- Clean and prepare facilities and equipment for functions
- Remove and store equipment after functions
- Adhere to safety requirements as prescribed by the Safety Act
Applications must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- Postal Address: PO Box 15, Brakpan 1540
- Enquiries: 011 999-7785/7771/7840/7845/7743/8170/7789
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driverâs license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.