Ref: SS 31/16
- Grade 12 qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science preferred.
- You must be 18 years and older.
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces and heights
- Must be physically fit
- Previous experience in a fire-related industry would be advantageous
- Ability to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No criminal record
- Must be possession of a Code B(08) driverâs license.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete the required training for firefighters, namely Firefighter 1, Hazmat Awareness and First Aid level 3.
Candidates need to pass a physical assessment comprising of the following:
- Reach test
- 2.4 Km run within prescribed time
- Dead load carry
- Ladder climb
- Claustrophobia/Acrophobia test.
Candidates must also pass a written assessment which included Mathematics and Comprehension, behavioural assessment and medical evaluation PRIOR to appointment.
- Only contract positions available for duration of training.
- Candidates will advance to permanent Learner Firefighter positions on successful completion of the training programme
- Required to wear a uniform.
To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
If you surname starts with
- A,B,C,D or E â Date: 29 August 2018
- F,G,H,I,J or K â Date: 30 AugustÂ 2018
- L,M or N â Date: 31 August 2018
- O,P,Q,R or S â Date: 01 SeptemberÂ 2018
- T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z â Date: 2Â September 2018
Come Throught to this place for testing:Â
53 Berkley Road,
(old abattoirs premises)
by no later than 8:00am
Bring along (COMPULSORY)
- Original ID Document
- Recently certified copy of ID
- Recently certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- Recently certified copy of Drivers license
- PT clothes and running shoes
- Be prepared for all weather conditions
NO correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants or with third parties.
1. Please quote reference number of the vacancy in all communications
2. Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request
3. Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
4. No late applications will be considered
5. If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.