The bursary scheme promotes career development within identified scarce skills and professions in the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements. Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to be part of a dedicated and skilled workforce committed to serve the population of Gauteng and all South Africans.
Within the framework of the Departmentâs Human Resources Recruitment Policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria: Preference will be given to:
- Applicants that are South African citizens
- Students that excel academically and/or demonstrate potential with at least a C symbol aggregate in Matric
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the Department as scarce skills at recognised accredited Higher Learning Institutions within South Africa
- South African citizens who, for all intents and purposes, are permanently residing in Gauteng Province and coming from a disadvantaged background
- Applicants who have obtained acceptance at an Institution of Higher Learning â University/University of Technology.
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: All successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements.
Applications for bursaries and financial assistance are invited in the following fields, for the 2018 academic year for full-time studies:
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying, Landscape Technology
- Town and Regional Planning
- Architecture, Architectural Technology
- Construction Management
- Urban and Rural Studies
- Construction Science
- Development Planning Studies
- Land Surveying
- Environmental Planning and Development
- Human Settlements Qualifications
- Geographic Information System
- Industrial Engineering
- Surveying, Property Economics
- Building Surveying
- Landscape Architecture.
Should you have any queries, please contact the Bursary Section Team at (011) 355-4094/ 4158/4093.
How to apply
Closing date is 15 September 2018. Application forms are available from the Bursary Section of the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements based at the Bank of Lisbon Building, No 37 Pixley Seme (Sauer) Street, Johannesburg.
Via â Gauteng Department of Human Settlements