AEL Mining is looking to recruitÂ 8 unemployed Learners to study towards a National Certificate in Freight Handling (NQF 3). This opportunity is based at the Modderfontein Industrial Complex in Gauteng.Â The Learnership period will be 12 months in duration. The training will involve both theoretical classes as well as a practical component at this Complex.
AEL is a leading developer, producer and supplier of commercial explosives, initiating systems and blasting services for mining and infrastructure markets in Africa. Significant operations in selected international markets have also been established.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chem Park, Chloorkop one week per month for ten months.
- Undertake Freight Handling experiential training within a Logistics and Stores environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 3 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Drivers Licence.
- Age group 18 â 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage
- Team Work
- Attention to detail
How to apply
Closing date is 26 October 2018. Click here to apply online